Traditional techniques for cleaning and disinfecting surfaces such as floors, walls and equipment in food processing, manufacturing and packaging plants use large quantities of hot water. The hygiene processes at such facilities also tend to contain multiple steps that take up valuable operating time.
There are a number of challenges presented by hot water cleaning methods, including:
- Energy costs to heat the water to 70 ˚C and consequently to re-chill the environment after cleaning
- Condensation from the heat increasing risk of microbial contamination
- Large volumes of water required and a high level of wastewater produced
- Large quantities of hazardous chemicals used within the cleaning process, posing dangers to employees and the environment
- Resultant wastewater processing costs to remove the contaminants
As retailer standards increase and expectations grow for businesses to adopt more sustainable processes, the food industry is under immense pressure. Hygiene is an area that offers an opportunity to reduce resource consumption whilst improving standards, and Ozo has the solution.
Combined cleaning and disinfection with eloclear™
Introducing processes that use less water, heat and hazardous chemicals, whilst delivering full microbial efficacy offers commercial and environmental advantages.
eloclear™ can streamline the traditional five-step night time cleaning process down to two steps. It operates at an ambient temperature and requires just a single rinse step. Cleaning with eloclear™ reduces the amount of water, energy and time consumed, whilst combined cleaning and disinfection significantly reduces chemical usage. In turn, wastewater and associated processing costs are reduced, and businesses can benefit from increased operational capacity due to reduced cleaning time.
Comparing the traditional five-stage night time cleaning process in a food manufacturing setting, to Ozo’s two-step process using eloclear™: