Food manufacturing and processing are amongst the most resource intensive industries on the planet and this sector is increasingly searching for solutions to deliver increased sustainability and Carbon Net Zero targets. Ozo Innovations have developed advanced electrochemical systems, which transform water and salt into a powerful cleaning agent and disinfectant, that enables customers to reduce their energy and water consumption, transform their chemical supply chain and deliver valuable process efficiencies in their manufacturing facilities.
Ozo Innovations place value on being trusted by our customers; the contribution, collaboration, and participation of all employees; we are open to bold ideas, and we consistently deliver on our promises.
We are looking for a practically minded, hands-on scientist with experience of planning and conducting experiments, operating pilot scale test rigs and equipment, supporting the lab team with analysis and mechanical assembly of rigs and equipment. A critical element of this role will be supporting customer trials in conjunction with the customer facing Technical team. This will involve operation of test rigs to produce product for trials, transport of trial equipment, operating equipment at customer sites and supporting application in low care food environments. This role will primarily be based in the Kidlington facility with travel to support field trials and installations at customer sites primarily in the UK. It is also anticipated that the successful candidate will be accustomed to collaborating with multiple different stakeholders internally and at customer facilities with a strong bias for cross functional team working and communication.
Key Requirements for the role
- Experience of planning and conducting experiments at a pilot scale ensuring meticulous data collection, recording and analysis
- Ability to operate test rigs and electrochemical generators to produce product for internal and external trials
- Support the lab and product development teams with sampling and analysis
- Management of IBC stock including filling and shipment for trials at customer sites and waste management
- Support product trials at customer facilities including transportation of trials equipment and delivery of product at customer sites
- Workshop experience supporting mechanical build of equipment and test rigs
- Maintenance and calibration of test equipment including pumps, pipe work, sensors etc
- Provide regular project updates on progress to the line manager as required
- Ownership of designated areas ensuring the work environment is clean and safe for colleagues to use.
- Strong appreciation for H&S, conducting risk assessments and supporting general facility H&S duties (fire alarm testing, fire extinguisher checks)
- Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures especially relating to product development and Health and Safety
- Liaise with third parties and strategic partners to deliver specific projects as required
- Develop a strong collaborative relationship with other internal functions fostering an environment of knowledge gathering and sharing
- A self-reliant, results orientated, energetic, flexible individual with a strong attention to detail and team working ethos
- Keen to learn new skills and develop within the role and organisation
- Analytical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Working pattern flexibility and the ability to work unsociable hours in order to support customer trials (often conducted through the night-time)
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Preferably a degree in a relevant scientific/engineering degree
- 2-4 years industrial experience preferably within the chemicals or related industry
- Experience handling and utilising chemical products especially via spray application
- Food hygiene operation experience
- Electrochemistry and operating electrochemical generators
- Laboratory experience utilising analytical techniques such as titration
- Full UK driving license and comfortable driving vans
- First aid certificate and /or fire marshal training and /or forklift truck operating experience would be advantageous
What We Offer
A positive work environment. Our Oxford office is home to small and experienced scientific and technical teams. We care about making good products safely. We care about understanding the science, and the customer. We value team communication and collaboration. We support personal development and continual improvement.
- Salary of £25000 to £35000 per annum depending on experience
- Annual discretionary bonus scheme
- Contributory, salary sacrifice, pension scheme up to 5% of salary
- 25 days of holiday (increasing to 28 days after 3 years of service)
OZO innovations is committed to equal opportunities.
For more information, please visit www.ozoinnovations.com