We are seeking a Laboratory and Process Technician to join us at an exciting phase in our evolution.
This is a role in the Manufacturing and Quality department for a Chemical Laboratory & Process Technician to deliver against key aspects of their product manufacturing strategies, that solve major challenges in food hygiene and safety.
The Laboratory & Process Technician will undertake analytical testing of water samples using a variety of methodologies including titration and Ion Chromatography. Furthermore he/she test and demonstrate the safe use of prototype devices for the generation of disinfectants. The position will suit someone with chemistry, biochemistry, microbiology or engineering background. The successful individual will be provided with full training of the methods employed and will be curious to learn why this testing is being undertaken and why our chosen methodologies are being used. The position has scope to develop into a wider role within the company and will provide good opportunities to learn regulatory requirements for the food industry.
- Previous experience (three or more years) working within a Laboratory, manufacturing or engineering workshop environment
- Ability to prioritise workload to ensure that samples are processed to meet requirements
- Self-motivated with a high attention to detail and a methodical approach
- Experience of Titration and Ion Chromatography methodologies or working in a scale-up chemical lab would be ideal but full training will be provided
- Experience of working in a production environment/workshop
- HND or higher e.g. Analytical Chemistry / Physics / Microbiology / Biology / Engineering