We’re seeking an experienced HSE Manager to be responsible for the day-to-day management and effective promotion of good HSE practice across Ozo’s business.
You will have a proven record in managing HSE matters in a manufacturing or chemical environment but will also have experience of other HSE related issues, such as CDM Regs, laboratory facilities, multiple site locations, etc.
You will be responsible for advising on all HSE matters and for ensuring compliance with appropriate legislative requirements as well as Ozo’s internal protocols. You will maintain your knowledge and expertise in the HSE area and ensure that your own training and development needs are met in order that you can continue to provide professional and knowledgeable support to the business.
You will provide training, review and author documentation, advise and provide guidance, investigate and research and act as competent person.
The successful candidate will have a BSc (ideally in Occupational Health, Safety Management or Environmental Science) or other equivalent technical qualifications, with at least three years of experience in a chemical or engineering manufacturing company.
Professional Qualifications and Desirable Skills
We are looking for a candidate with a science or engineering background, ideally Occupational Health, Safety Management, Environmental Science or Engineering, with the ability to learn and collaborate across teams. Must be have a critical and methodical mindset and be a good communicator.
- BSc in Occupational Health, Safety Management, Environmental Science or Engineering (preferred) or other equivalent technical qualifications
- Three years of experience in a similar role, preferably in a chemical or engineering manufacturing environment
- Effective and engaging training and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Strong sense of role ownership