Ozo Innovations aims to transform the sustainability of the food industry by reducing the power, water and resources used in the cleaning of food facilities whilst improving hygiene standards. Ozo have developed systems which transform water and salt into a powerful cleaning agent and disinfectant. Our solutions deliver value to customers through greater process efficiency, reduction of waste and increased margins. This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing company, based North of Oxford that want bring environmental savings to our customers.
Reporting into the Head of Engineering, the role of the Field Service Engineer is to both build our new systems in Kidlington at our system development unit as part of a small team and support the installation and commissioning of new systems at a customer’s site. Once our systems are on a customer’s site, you will undertake planned preventative maintenance and provide reactive technical support to customer sites when required.
You need to be proficient with industrial electrical and electronic systems along with practical skills in terms of being involved in the building and servicing of our systems which involve mechanical content such as piping, instrumentation, pumps and assembly/ fitting. You need to be familiar with PLC’s and able to fault find within a PLC programme along with familiarity of industrial instrumentation such as flow meters, temperature meters and potentially UV sensors and have a clear understanding of their electronics and functionality within a PLC programme.
You will have a critical role building trusted relationships with our customers staff and enabling optimal use of Ozo products given their will be periods when you are working on customer sites in the UK and possibly EU.
- Experience working as a service field engineer and practical electrically and mechanically. This is a role very biased towards electrical knowledge and experience which is key to this role.
- Able to work unsupervised and interpret engineering and electrical drawings for a physical build of a new system.
- Hold a mechanical, electrical, ICA or process engineering qualification.
- PLC programmed trained, Schneider preferable
- Ideally have an EAL level 3 qualification in PLC’s
- An electronic qualification would be preferable, such as ONC/ HNC Electronic engineering
- Experience of working on a customer’s site, preparation of RAMS and other site-specific requirements.
- Hold a valid First Aid certificate.
- Provide excellent customer service as an Ozo representative when at a customer’s site.
- Undertake fault finding, problem solving, establish route cause and find solutions.
- Apply an appropriate level of urgency to escalations and requests for information.
- Ability to complete installation work, to specification with minimal snagging.
- Good administration skills.
- Effective hands-on Field Service Engineer with good practical skill levels leaning towards electrical installation skillset with some mechanical skills also.
- Positive mentality – demonstrating drive and endurance to achieve results.
- Proactive and innovative -The role can involve creative ways to overcome an engineering issue.
- Good communicator and relationship builder with colleagues and customers
- Technically trained, practical engineer able to read electrical schematics and system installation drawings
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both verbally and in writing
- Good team player, able to collaborate with colleagues, customers and sub-contractors
- Organised, able to manage time and prioritise tasks
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Flexible about working hours
- Valid UK Driving Licence
- Previous equipment installation and commissioning experience ideally in the food manufacturing industry would be advantageous
- IET 18th Edition trained and qualified
- NEBOSH trained and qualified
- MEWP’s certificate
- Forklift certified
- Able to interpret CAD
- Electric / Electronic Engineering Degree
What we offer
- Salary of £40,000 per annum.
- Company van
- Discretionary annual bonus of 5% of salary
- Contributory salary sacrifice pension scheme up to 5% of salary
- Death in service benefit of 4x base salary
Ozo Innovations is committed to equal opportunities.
If you would like to apply for this position, please email email@example.com with a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining what you can bring to the team.
No recruitment agencies.